Sunday 18 January 2015

The Darling Project

I've been going through my fabric stash to see what I can use to make an outfit for Darling.  I had hoped to find some kind of pale blue scraps, but I don't like pale blue (for me or the brood), except in denim.  So much for that idea.

Here is what I've pulled out so far:

Bits of tulle, sparkle organza, lace and silk
The lace has sequins and pearl beads sewn to it - the sequins don't show up very well in these photos.

I can see a couple of the sequins, but unless you know what you're looking for, they are really hard to find.
In the close up photo, you can see the pink and violet sparkle organza, the light violet dupioni and the pale yellow habotai (or china silk).  The first photo also shows the darker, lilac dupioni, the off-white silk georgette and the knit silk from a well worn garment that I figured might come in handy some day.

I also thought that I might need something sparkly to add pizazz to whatever outfit I came up with:



Now you can see the sequins!

The embellishments I had to buy, but they were on sale for half price or less (yippee!), so I don't feel so bad.

I like the lace, so that is definitely going to be part of Darling's outfit.  However, with the bits I've just bought, I think I'll have to search further for something complimentary.....or stick with a white palette.  Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You wanted to go for a feminine outfit, and so far these delicate fabrics are perfect for that! I like the color scheme very much :-). I will leave the advice to more experienced stylists, but I really look forward to see the finished outfit!

    ReplyDelete