Thursday 25 September 2014

Interesting news in the doll world

As I was getting the brood out of their beds to get ready for school, I heard an interesting tidbit in the business news segment.  Apparently, Disney has awarded the contract for making the very popular Frozen dolls to Hasbro!  As well, they reported that Hasbro would be making other princess dolls as well.  This is all supposed to start in 2016.  I will have to verify this, but it all sounds interesting!

I don't know if I have any Hasbro dolls in my collection...and I wonder what their princesses will look like.  Will they still have more than five points of articulation?  If they do, will they be able to sit like ladies (see this review from the Toy Box Philosopher)?  Will clothing quality be an issue?  In think, though, it will be interesting to see what Hasbro does.

3 comments:

  1. I was about to comment, "Oh, geeze, do they think that Frozen is going to be so popular years from now that it warrants this as well as building a theme attraction at Epcot?" And the answer is probably, yes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to check IMDB to see when the movie was released - almost a year ago - which surprises me; I thought it was much more recent.

      I see Frozen stuff everywhere here, and it doesn't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down any time soon. And, 2016 is only 15 months away, so, yeah, I can still see people wanting the dolls. Especially those type of people who need to have sets of dolls....fortunately, I'm not into Disney Princesses!

      Delete
  2. Sorry for the really, REALLY late response! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'll be sure to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete